March 2020 COVID-19
March 29, 2020
Sorry to distract you from your DCAT Home Practicing but I wish to pass on some information to you:
- My previous note to you stated the cancellation of GAS 2020. We had a conference call with the GAS Committee and new dates have been established; therefore please mark your calendars accordingly: April 8, 9, 10 and 11, 2021 at the same location as past years.
- I recently had a meeting with the GTA Corps Reunion Committee. We discussed the impact of the virus on organizing the event and came to the conclusion that it is best for all to defer the event until the Spring of 2021. We will continue to meet as a committee albeit less frequently at this time and I will advise when new event dates are established.
- Glad to hear that Jim and Barb, Gord and Val, and Peter have returned home safely. Sorry your vacations were disrupted.
- Dolly has started doing emails to keep us together as a family and will send out DCAT member information, articles of interest, as well as some bits of humour and other items provided to her from our members.
- There will on occasion be items that should be shared with our members not having computers and I would ask the Section Leaders to pass on this information. Thank you for your help.
- STAY SAFE – STAY HOME - we must stop the community infections to save lives and bring this problem to a controllable state as fast as we can and hopefully to an end.
PS from Dolly Fox – I ask Section Leaders to call/stay in touch with your singers and to please pass on any news (good or bad) on your individuals to me, which I can include in my emails to everyone. That way, we can keep in touch in a personal way. Thank you.